This article is intended for members in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
CoinJar accepts GBP deposits over the Faster Payments Service (FPS). CoinJar members can also instantly buy digital currencies via Instant Buy. Instant Buy allows you to directly buy digital currency using a supported Visa or Mastercard.
Before you begin
- You'll need to have completed identity verification in order to be eligible to deposit pounds into your CoinJar.
- When making a deposit, the bank account from which you deposit funds must be held under your own legal name.
Depositing funds to your CoinJar with the Faster Payments Service
FPS at a glance
- No deposit fee
- Typically arrives within 1-2 hours
How to make a deposit using FPS
- Tap or click on the Deposit button on the home screen, select Bank Transfer (FPS), and take note of the sort code and your unique account number.
- Open your bank's app or website, and follow the prompts to make a new payment. This process will be different for every bank.
- Enter the sort code and account number as seen in step 1.
- You may be required to specify a beneficiary name. If prompted, enter CoinJar UK Limited as the beneficiary name.
- Enter the desired deposit amount.
- Confirm the payment.
Note: The first deposit you make to your CoinJar account can take up to 1 business day to arrive.
Requirements and important information
- Deposits to CoinJar are not instantaneous, and usually take 1-2 hours to arrive.
- You should only deposit funds to CoinJar using a bank account held solely in your legal name. Deposits from business bank accounts, joint bank accounts, or bank accounts with outdated or incorrect names may be rejected.
- Some banks use a service called 'Confirmation of Payee' which is a name checking service aimed at reducing mistaken payments and fraud. When making a deposit to CoinJar, you may receive a 'No match' warning. This is because CoinJar uses a third party company to facilitate deposits and withdrawals. It is safe to proceed as long as you have ensured that the sort code and account number matches the one provided to you in the CoinJar app or website.
- CoinJar does not support deposits from bank accounts operated by Santander.
- See how to instantly buy cryptocurrency using your credit or debit card without making a deposit.
- See how to check your account limits.
- If you have any questions or if your deposit has not arrived, contact us.