This article is intended for United Kingdom members. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
Making deposits to CoinJar from your bank account
It is not required to link your bank account in order to make a deposit to CoinJar. Linking a bank account is only necessary if you intend to make withdrawals from your CoinJar.
Adding your bank account
Before you can withdraw GBP out of your CoinJar, you'll need to first make a GBP deposit of any amount from the bank account you want to withdraw funds to. Once that deposit has arrived in your Cash Account, you can proceed with the following steps to link that same bank account to your CoinJar:
- From the Home tab, select 'More' and then 'Withdraw'.
- Select 'Link bank account'.
- Review the important information displayed and provide your Sort code, Account number and Account holder name.
- After providing your bank account details, select 'Link bank account'.
Your bank account is now linked to your CoinJar account and you can withdraw GBP to it. More information about our payment processing times.
In order to link a bank account to your CoinJar, the following criteria must be met:
- You have completed ID verification. You must be fully verified in order to link a bank account.
- The bank account name must match your verified legal name.
- You haven't already linked this bank account with an existing CoinJar. We cannot provide more than one CoinJar per person, and third party transfers are strictly not allowed.
- The bank account details are not issued for the purpose of topping up pre-paid cards (gift cards, travel cards, prepaid credit cards, etc).
Linking a non-UK bank account
CoinJar currently supports the ability to link UK bank accounts exclusively for residents of the United Kingdom. International CoinJar members can instead transfer funds from their CoinJar as digital currency such as Bitcoin by making a new payment.