This article is intended for members in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
CoinJar accepts GBP deposits over the Faster Payments Service (FPS).
The first Bank Transfer (FPS) deposit you make to your CoinJar account is subject to review, which can take up to 1 business day. All subsequent deposits from the same bank account should arrive in your CoinJar account within 1-2 hours. Subsequent deposits can also be initiated outside of business hours (including on weekends) without any additional delay.
New: Introducing Instant Buy
CoinJar members can now also instantly buy digital currencies with your Visa or Mastercard credit/debit card via Instant Buy!
|Transfer method||FPS||Instant Buy|
|Supports instant transfers||No||Yes|
|Supports direct purchases||No||Yes|
- Before you can deposit GBP into your CoinJar account, you must first complete ID verification.
- The bank account you transfer funds from must be in your own name - not someone else's.
- You don't need to link your bank account to CoinJar in order to make a deposit.
Viewing your deposit details
- From the Home tab, select 'Deposit'
- Select 'Bank Transfer (FPS)'
- Review the important information displayed (including deposit limits), then select 'View deposit details'.
Making a payment to your CoinJar
- Once you have your unique sort code and account number, sign in to your online banking and make a new payment. This process will vary depending on your bank.
- Enter your unique sort code and account number, along with the amount you wish to transfer to your CoinJar.
CoinJar can accept bank transfers from most UK banks. More information on CoinJar region support.