This article is intended for members in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
Using CoinJar Card in-store
Digital CoinJar Card
While the exact steps may differ depending on your device, you'll generally need to:
- Open the mobile wallet app (such as Google Pay) on your device.
- Make sure your CoinJar Card is selected.
- Complete biometric security or enter your passcode.
- Position your device near the payment terminal.
Physical CoinJar Card
Important: You’ll first need to use your physical CoinJar Card with your PIN or at a cash machine to unlock contactless payments.
Simply tap your Card at any payment terminal that accepts contactless payments.
Swipe or insert card
You'll be able to make payments by swiping or inserting your card at any payment terminal that accepts Mastercard.
- Swipe or insert your Card in the payment terminal.
- Select Credit.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN and click the confirm button on the terminal.
Using CoinJar Card online
Revealing your card information
In order to make an online transaction, you may need to provide your card number, card expiry date, and CVC (3 digit security code). You can view these details in the CoinJar app:
- Head over to the CoinJar app and tap on the Card tab.
- Tap on Card details.
- Enter your Enhanced Security authentication code or complete biometrics.
Your card details will be shown immediately. You can tap your card or the ⟳ icon to view the 3 digit security code (CVC).
Note: Your digital CoinJar Card and physical CoinJar Card will have differing card numbers and security codes. No matter which card number is used, CoinJar will seamlessly deduct funds from your chosen spend account.
Using CoinJar Card to withdraw at cash machines
You can use your physical CoinJar Card to withdraw cash at any ATM that supports prepaid Mastercard cards. Simply insert your card in the ATM and follow the prompts on-screen.
You can withdraw a minimum of £10 and a maximum of £2000 per day.