This article is about CoinJar in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar in Australia, visit this article.
As online shopping and card purchases are becoming more and more commonplace, card fraud is also increasing, despite improving technology and security.
Here are some tips to keep your CoinJar Card and crypto as secure as possible:
Lost your card? Lock it
- If you lose your card, you can lock it:
- open the CoinJar app
- tap the Card tab
- tap Manage Card
- tap Card active to toggle the active status of your card
- Locking your card prevents any transactions from occurring with the card
Keep your PIN secure
- Don’t choose a number that’s easy to guess – avoid birth dates, driver licence details, phone numbers or any other personal information that someone might be able to guess.
- Choose a PIN that’s unique to you – make it easy for you to remember, but hard for anyone else to guess.
- Take care of it – after you’ve created a secure PIN, make sure you protect it. Don’t write it down or share it with anyone.
Design strong passwords
- A strong password will significantly reduce the risk of your digital assets being compromised. More information on how to design a strong password can be found on our blog.
Know who you’re buying from and sharing your card details with
- Look for 'https://' and the padlock symbol in your browser’s address bar to ensure the site you’re visiting is secure.
- Take a look at reviews on the online store you’re visiting to confirm it’s legitimate.
- Never send your bank or credit card details via email, text or through social media.
- Avoid making payments online when you’re using public Wi-Fi.
- avoid giving card details over the phone, unless you've called the business using a legitimate number.
Keep an eye open for unauthorised transactions
- Regularly look through your transactions. If you find a transaction you didn’t make, disable your card and get in touch with us right away.
Protect the digital wallet on your device
- Protect your smartphone or watch with a password, fingerprint or other biometric authentication.
- Do not allow someone else to register a Biometric Identifier on your Device; or provide any passcodes to another person in order to access your Device.
- Do not share your device with others.
Keep your physical card, wallet and your phone safe
- Do not leave your CoinJar card, wallet or your phone unattended in a public or open space.