At times, you may find that Enhanced Security does not always provide you with a correct authentication code. If this happens with your primary device while you're attempting to sign in, you may find yourself unable to access your CoinJar.
Please note: If you are receiving an error message that says your allowed attempts have been exceeded, the Enhanced Security device must be manually removed from your CoinJar. Please submit a new Enhanced Security Removal Request.
SMS authentication troubleshooting
SMS authentication messages are usually received within 30 seconds of being requested. However we have received reports of messages taking up to 5-10 minutes to show up at times. If you're not receiving your SMS codes, please try the following:
- Restart your phone. Power it off completely and then turn it on once more.
- Ensure you're connected to your mobile provider and have clear reception.
- Ensure your mobile plan has available credit to receive SMS messages.
If you are in an area where you cannot access reception, or travelling internationally, please contact our Support Team for assistance in manually removing this Enhanced Security authenticator.
TOTP authentication troubleshooting
TOTP authenticator apps can occasionally have trouble displaying an accurate code. There are a couple of quick troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve this.
- Ensure the time and timezone on your mobile device is correct. Even a few seconds difference can cause an incorrect code.
- Toggling the time on your device to a different manual time, then setting it back to ‘automatic’.
- If your TOTP authentication app has the option, re-sync your codes. This might be shown as 'Time correction'.
- As a last resort, re-install the TOTP authentication app. Please ensure any other authentication codes on the app are definitely backed up before doing so.
If you have restored or replaced your device and your TOTP codes have been lost, please contact our Support Team for assistance in manually removing this Enhanced Security authenticator.
If you have already tried the above, or you otherwise need to have your Enhanced Security authenticator removed from your CoinJar manually, please submit a new Enhanced Security Removal Request.
You will still be able to access your Support Portal without being able to complete Enhanced Security authentication, however if this is not possible, email our Support Team if you have any questions.
Updated: 25 Aug 2017 (AS)
Reviewed: 25 Aug 2017 (AS)