This article is about CoinJar in Australia. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar in the United Kingdom, visit this article.
PayID & Bank Transfer (AUD)
Deposits made using the New Payment Platform (NPP) via PayID are usually received within minutes. Sometimes, PayID payments can take longer than expected due to (but not limited to) the following reasons:
- It's your first PayID deposit to CoinJar. Some banks enforce a delay of up 24 hours if it's your first payment.
- Delays in the NPP network or your bank's network.
- Your bank doesn't support PayID, so the payment has defaulted to a standard bank transfer (direct credit).
- The deposit is under review by CoinJar's Security Team.
For standard bank transfers, there are two factors that influence the time is takes for a payment to reach your CoinJar:
- Bank transfer time.
- Internal review time.
If the transfer was made before your bank's cut-off time, your deposit should be received the morning of the next business day. CoinJar doesn't have control over the time it takes for your bank to send your deposit.
Some banks can take up to three business days to send deposits. If you haven't seen your deposit displayed in your Cash Account by the fourth business day, we advise contacting your bank to confirm the status.
Withdrawals from CoinJar are processed as NPP payments. This means that withdrawals should arrive within minutes.
If your bank does not support PayID, the withdrawal will be sent as a standard bank transfer (direct credit). Because of this, it may take up to three days to arrive.
If your withdrawal isn't in your bank account after several minutes, we recommend contacting CoinJar Support. We can confirm the withdrawal status and gather information so that you can follow up with your bank.
- 1-2 business days
Faster Payments (GBP)
Deposits to CoinJar via Faster Payments Service (FPS) are usually received within 1-2 hours. Sometimes, bank transfers can take longer than expected due to (but not limited to) the following reasons:
- It's your first deposit to CoinJar from your bank account. Your first deposit can take up to 24 hours to reach you. Subsequent deposits will be faster, often reaching you within the hour.
- Your sort code or account number was entered incorrectly. If this happens, please contact your bank immediately so they can assist with stopping or recalling the transfer.
Bank withdrawals from CoinJar have a 3.30pm GMT cut off time for same day processing. Withdrawals made after this time on any business day — or during the weekend — will be processed the next business day.
Bank withdrawals are not instant. Most withdrawals are received the morning of the next business day, if the withdrawal was made before the cut-off time for same day processing.
Please note: CoinJar doesn't have control over the time it takes for your bank to credit your account. Some banks may take up to three business days to process withdrawals.
If your withdrawal isn't in your bank account by the fourth business day, please contact CoinJar Support. We can confirm the withdrawal status and gather information so that you can follow up with your bank.
Withdrawals are facilitated by our payment partner, Clear Junction. Clear Junction will be displayed as the sender on your bank statement, along with a unique CoinJar reference.