With funds available in your CoinJar, you can send those funds to any other CoinJar customer or bitcoin address by making a new payment.
Internal (offchain) payments
Sending digital currency payments to any external address will send that amount via that currency's blockchain. However if your recipient is also a CoinJar member, you can send the amount directly to their CoinJar, avoiding the blockchain altogether.
Whether you're sending to a CoinJar-generated receiving address, or a CoinJar username, the payment will automatically be processed internally. No blockchain processing fee or delay will occur.
Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple & Zcash payments
When sending an ETH, LTC, XRP, or ZEC payment, you must send the payment to your recipient's receiving address - not their CoinJar username. For the time being, sending directly to another CoinJar member's username will automatically deposit the amount into their Everyday Bitcoin.
For XRP transfers, you must include the customer's destination tag at the end of the receiving address or the payment will not be processed correctly.
Sending a payment
- After signing in to your CoinJar, select 'Payments'.
- There are three options available; 'Pay', 'Request' and 'Transfer.' Choose 'Pay' to make a new payment.
- Select an account to send funds from.
- Enter your recipient. You can enter a CoinJar username, or an external receiving address.
- Enter the amount you wish to send. This can be in your local currency, or the digital currency you're sending.
- Select 'Review and Confirm' for your final quote. You'll be given a chance to review your payment and attach a note if you wish. Select 'Pay now' to finalise the payment.
All payments from one CoinJar to another are processed instantly. Payments to external digital currency wallet addresses will arrive depending on the confirmation speed of that currency's blockchain.
Please note that bitcoin transfers to external bitcoin addresses will require a transaction fee in order to be processed.
Updated: 18 Jan 2018 (AS)
Reviewed: 18 Jan 2018 (AS)