Sending a payment
You can use CoinJar Touch to make payments to others on the go. They can provide you with their CoinJar username, external digital currency address, or a QR code to scan.
- Open CoinJar Touch and tap the 'Quick Actions' button at the bottom of your display.
- Tap 'Payments'.
- Select the account you wish to pay from.
- Enter the recipient's payment details. This can be in the form of their username or a bitcoin address. Alternatively, you can tap the QR code icon to use your device's camera to scan a QR code.
- Enter the amount you wish to send. You can select to enter an amount in the digital currency or your local currency by tapping the 'Currency Switcher'.
- Tap 'Review and Confirm' for a final quote of the amount being sent. Once you have reviewed the details, tap 'Pay now' to complete the payment.
All payments to other CoinJar users will be completed immediately, as they're process off-chain. Payments to non-CoinJar digital currency addresses will be broadcasted to their respective blockchain to be completed.
Accepted QR codes
When making a new payment with CoinJar Touch, it's convenient to use the built in QR code scanner to quickly enter a receiving address.
At this point in time, CoinJar Touch's QR code scanner is able to read QR codes that provide a raw receiving address. Any codes that also include weblinks, or other prefixes before the address itself are unable to be successfully interpreted.