Linking your Australian personal bank account
Ineligible bank accounts
In order to link a bank account to your CoinJar, the following criteria must be met:
- You have completed ID verification. You must be fully verified in order to link a bank account.
- The bank account name must match your verified legal name - as recorded during ID verification.
- You haven't already linked this bank account with an existing CoinJar. We cannot provide more than one CoinJar per person, and third party transfers are not allowed. Bank accounts can be linked twice provided the original CoinJar has been deactivated.
- The bank account details are not issued for the purpose of topping up pre-paid cards (gift cards, travel cards, prepaid credit cards, etc).
In order to be able to transfer funds from your CoinJar into your personal bank account, you'll first need to confirm you've entered your correct bank account details, and that the bank account itself is able to receive deposits from your CoinJar.
To establish this, CoinJar will send two small verification deposits to your bank account. Once you've received these two deposit amounts, you can enter them to finishing linking your bank account.
- After signing in to your CoinJar, select "Settings" from the left hand menu.
- Navigate to the Linked Bank Accounts section and select 'Add bank account'.
- Enter your personal bank account details including name, BSB and account number, and the nickname you wish to give the bank account within CoinJar.
- Select 'Link this bank account'.
- CoinJar will now transfer two small deposit amounts to your bank account. These will arrive within three business days.
- When you receive your deposits, you can return to the Linked Bank Accounts section of your Settings. Select 'Verify now' next to the account that requires verification.
- Enter these two amounts that were sent to your bank account and select 'Verify'.
Your bank account has now successfully been linked to your CoinJar Account. From here you can transfer funds from any of your accounts within CoinJar to your personal bank account to make a withdrawal.
Linking a non-Australian bank account
CoinJar currently supports the ability to link Australian bank accounts exclusively. International CoinJar members can instead transfer funds from their CoinJar as bitcoin by making a new payment.
Updated: 20 Sep 2018 (AS)
Reviewed: 20 Sep 2018 (AS)