If you wish to request a digital currency payment from another person, you can send them a CoinJar payment request. Payment requests are sent as emails and allow you to specify the amount you wish to receive. This is a great way to request a specific amount from other CoinJar users. If the person is not yet a CoinJar customer, they'll be invited to sign up in order to complete the payment.
Besides payment requests, you can also generate and provide others with one of your CoinJar's receiving addresses. We offer dedicated Knowledge Base articles for generating Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP (Ripple), and Zcash receiving addresses.
Sending a payment request
- After signing in to your CoinJar, select 'Payments'.
- There are three options available; 'Pay', 'Request' and 'Transfer.' Choose 'Request'.
- Select the account you wish for your incoming payment to be sent to. At this stage, only Everyday Bitcoin can receive payment requests, however additional digital currency selections are coming soon.
- Enter the CoinJar username or email address of the person from whom you wish to request a payment.
- Enter the amount you wish to request. This can be in your local currency, or bitcoin.
- Select 'Review and Confirm' for an overview of your request. You'll be given a chance to attach a note if you wish. Select 'Request now' to send your request.
That's it! Your request will be sent immediately as an email.
Updated: 6 Sep 2018 (AS)
Reviewed: 6 Sep 2018 (AS)