This article is about CoinJar in Australia. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar in the United Kingdom, visit this article.
IMPORTANT: CoinJar Rewards and CoinJar Referrals are not available in the United Kingdom due to local regulation.
CoinJar Rewards is a rewards system built into CoinJar that allows you to accrue points as you use your CoinJar every day. CoinJar Reward Points can then be used to cover currency exchange fees, or redeemed in ways described within this article.
Once activated from the Accounts section within your CoinJar, CoinJar Reward Points will automatically be added to your CoinJar Rewards account as you earn them.
Activating CoinJar Rewards
CoinJar Rewards is activated automatically when you make your first buy or sell on CoinJar. In order to be eligible for CoinJar Rewards, you'll first need to be fully verified.
- Once signed in to your CoinJar, navigate to your Accounts page.
- Make any buy or sell with any account to activate your CoinJar Rewards.
Earning CoinJar Rewards points
Ways you can earn CoinJar Reward Points
Earning of CoinJar Reward Points
Referring new CoinJar members
500 points for each referred member who completes ID verification
Buying and selling crypto with AUD*
Earn 1 point every $10 transacted
Purchase on the CoinJar Store
5 points for each CoinJar Store purchase
Crypto to crypto transactions
Not eligible to earn CoinJar Reward Points
CoinJar Card purchases
Earn 1 point per $1 spent on each eligible transaction
* Excluding CoinJar Exchange trades or transactions that don’t require fees
Redeeming CoinJar Reward Points
There are a number of ways you can redeem your CoinJar Reward Points, including fee-free transfers, and items available on the CoinJar Rewards Store.
Ways you can redeem CoinJar Reward Points
Redeeming of CoinJar Reward Points
Sending cryptocurrency with waived fees
50 points per USD1
Buying & selling cryptocurrency with waived fees
50 points per AUD
CoinJar Rewards Store
Visit https://rewards.coinjar.com/ to redeem your CoinJar Reward Points
1. When redeeming your Reward Points to waive external transaction fees, the value of cryptocurrency in USD is used to calculate the amount of points that will be deducted from your CoinJar. For example, if your payment incurs a network fee of 0.00000573 BTC, it will cost 15 Reward Points if bitcoin’s price is currently quoted at $50,481.20 USD.
(Network fee of 0.00000573 BTC * 50481.20 USD) * 50 Points = 15 Reward Points
CoinJar Rewards Store purchases
CoinJar Rewards points can also be used to redeem items from the CoinJar Rewards Store.
Physical items, such as t-shirts and socks, will provide you with a coupon code after redeeming your CoinJar Rewards points. These items are posted to your address, and you will need to use the coupon code on the CoinJar Store to cover the cost of the redeemed item and complete your order.
To use your coupon code on the CoinJar Store:
- Sign in to the CoinJar Rewards Store and view your orders - My Orders. You'll be able to view the codes for your purchase. Copy the required coupon code.
- Head over to the CoinJar Store to complete your order.
- Select the appropriate item and add it to your cart.
- Apply the coupon code when editing your order.
- Submit the order.
Use your accumulated CoinJar Rewards points to perform a cryptocurrency exchange without the typical conversion fee. When making a new transfer, provided you have enough CoinJar Points available, you'll be provided with the option to spend some points to cover the cost of your exchange fee.