As well as providing the ability to verify an account for personal use, CoinJar supports separate entity accounts - for your company, trust, or Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF).
Personal account vs. entity account
This article will guide you through ID verification for an entity account. If you're setting up a CoinJar for personal use, please instead refer to our article on ID verification.
If you're looking to use CoinJar's exchange features, and make deposits or withdrawals from your bank account, this will require you to be able to complete Digital iD™ verification. Currently, this is limited to Australian residents.
Completing entity ID verification
When verifying an entity account, you must be able to provide:
- Certified copies of original identity documents for all beneficial owners of the company, trust, or SMSF.
- A completed and signed Customer Identification Form (as provided).
- Sign in to your secure Identity Portal.
- Instead of verifying as a personal, choose the type of account you wish to verify and complete each section of the form as directed. If you've already verified your CoinJar as a personal account, you will need to set up a separate dedicated CoinJar under your entity name.
- When entering your entity name, please ensure you do not use any special characters (such as '&' and '.'). These can be replaced with 'and', or in the case of a period, simply a blank space.
- Once the form has been completed, you'll be prompted to download, print and sign the document, as well as organise any required identity documents.
Submitting your application
All documents must be posted in hard copy to CoinJar's mailing address, which can be found on the Customer Identification Form. Please ensure all documents that are requested on the Customer Identification Form have been submitted, as missing documents can cause delays in verification.
Reviewing your application
Each application is manually processed and reviewed by CoinJar’s Compliance Team. Our Compliance Team aims to resolve any verification issues within five business days, and will be in touch if they require anything further.
If you have any enquiries regarding the verification process, please reach out to our Support Team.