This article is intended for Australian members. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar UK, visit this article.
Personal account vs. entity account
As well as providing the ability to verify an account for personal use, CoinJar supports separate entity accounts - for your company, trust, or Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF). This article will guide you through ID verification for an entity account. If you're setting up a CoinJar for personal use, please instead refer to our article on ID verification.
Entity accounts are currently limited to Australian residents.
Completing entity ID verification
When verifying an entity account, you must be able to provide:
- A completed and signed Customer Identification Form (as provided).
To begin identity verification as an entity, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your CoinJar.
- Click on Settings on the top right in the navigation bar.
- Click on Go to CoinJar Classic.
- Click on Get verified now in the Getting Started modal on the homepage of CoinJar Classic.
- Instead of verifying as an Individual, choose the type of account you wish to verify (Company/Trust/SMSF) and complete each section of the form as directed. If you've already verified your CoinJar as a personal account, you will need to set up a separate dedicated CoinJar under your entity name.
- When entering your entity name, please ensure you do not use any special characters (such as '&' and '.'). These can be replaced with 'and', or in the case of a period, simply a blank space.
Once the form has been completed, you'll be prompted to download, print and sign the document, as well as organise any required identity documents.
In some circumstances, you may be asked to provide certified documents to support your application.
A certified copy means a document that has been certified as a true and correct copy of a document by a person in one of the occupations listed below, including all persons described in the Statutory Declarations Regulations 2018.
To create a certified copy, one of the persons listed below must write the following on the copy of the document.
‘I, [full name], [category of persons as listed below], certify that this [name of document] is a true and correct copy of the original. [signature and date]’
Eligible persons who are allowed to certify identification documents:
- A bank, building society, credit union or finance company officer with a minimum of 2 years continuous service*
- A fellow of the National Tax Accountants’ Association*
- A judge of a court, Justice of the Peace or magistrate*
- A legal practitioner*
- A notary public or the local equivalent
- A medical practitioner including dentist, nurse, optometrist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, psychologist or veterinary surgeon*
- A permanent employee or agent of the Australian Postal Corporation with a minimum of 2 years continuous service
- A police officer*
- A teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary education institution*
- An accountant who is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia, the National Institute of Accountants or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants
- An Australian Consulate or Diplomatic Officer
- An Australian Financial Services Licence holder or their authorised representative (includes any licensed financial advisor) with a minimum of 2 years continuous service
* limited to persons licensed or registered to practice these occupations in Australia.
Submitting your application
CoinJar can accept digital copies of your verification documents. Please ensure all documents that are requested on the Customer Identification Form have been collected together, and submit a new Support request so we can assist in completing verification digitally.
Reviewing your application
Each application is manually processed and reviewed by CoinJar’s Compliance Team. Our Compliance Team aims to resolve any verification issues within five business days, and will be in touch if they require anything further.
If you have any enquiries regarding the verification process, please reach out to our Support Team.