This article is intended for Australian members. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar UK, visit this article.
CoinJar Exchange will be undergoing scheduled maintenance to relocate its primary point of presence from Asia Pacific (Sydney) to US West (Oregon).
- Date: Sunday, 28 August 2022
- Time: 00:00 - 03:00 UTC / 10:00 - 13:00 AEST / 01:00 - 04:00 BST
After this scheduled maintenance, CoinJar Exchange will continue to maintain a point of presence in the Sydney region, and additionally establish a new point of presence in the London region to enable fast access to CoinJar Exchange for our customers around the world. Both secondary regions will connect with our primary region using private connectivity to ensure low latency and consistent performance.
What will happen during the maintenance?
We recommend that you schedule your trades to be completed before or after this maintenance period. Other CoinJar products and services will not be impacted by this maintenance. API endpoints will remain the same.
Before the maintenance
- Trading will be suspended at 00:00:00 UTC (continuous trading session 49060 on 28 August 2022 will not open at the usual time of 00:00:00 UTC).
- A countdown will appear on the CoinJar Exchange web interface prior to session close.
During the maintenance
- CoinJar will cancel all open orders shortly after trading is suspended to ensure an orderly market when trading resumes.
- During the trading halt, it will not be possible to place or cancel any order, transfer funds or perform any account updates on CoinJar Exchange. The platform will be inaccessible intermittently.
- The API will report the market status as trading_halt with session 49050 throughout the scheduled maintenance.
After the maintenance
- Trading will resume at 03:00:00 UTC as continuous trading session 49060.
- Trading session 49060 will end at 07:59:55 UTC as usual, with concurrent auction starting at 07:50:00 UTC.
How will this impact me?
If you use the CoinJar Exchange API and your trading strategy relies on direct, low latency access to the matching engine, we advise migrating your trading application to a facility close to Amazon Web Service’s ‘us-west-2’ region to minimise slippage due to network latency.
If your trading strategy also depends on low latency access to another exchange based in Sydney or London, we recommend hosting your trading application in Sydney or London to take advantage of the private connectivity between regions managed by CoinJar Exchange to minimise overall latency. The following colocation advisory for select cloud and hosting platforms in the vicinity of the matching engine infrastructure has been provided for your reference:
- AWS: us-west-2
- Google Cloud: us-west1
- Azure: West US 2
- Equinix: Seattle (SE2/SE3)
- OVH: HIL-1
Secondary region in Australia
- AWS: ap-southeast-2
- Google Cloud: australia-southeast1
- Azure: Australia East
- Equinix: Sydney (SY1/SY2/SY3/SY4)
- OVH: SYD-1
Secondary region in Europe
- AWS: eu-west-2
- Google Cloud: europe-west2
- Azure: UK South
- Equinix: Slough (LD4/LD5/LD6)
- OVH: LON-1