This article is intended for members in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
At times, you may find that your Enhanced Security method isn't providing a correct authentication code. Before jumping ahead and removing the authenticator from your CoinJar, it's good to run through some quick and simple troubleshooting steps.
Authenticator app (TOTP) troubleshooting
Authenticator apps can occasionally have trouble displaying an accurate code. There are a couple of quick troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve this.
- Ensure the time and timezone on your mobile device is correct. Even a few seconds difference can cause an incorrect code. You should always set up your devices to display the current time 'automatically'.
- Toggling the time on your device to a different manual time, then setting it back to ‘automatic’ may resolve any time syncing issues.
- If your authenticator app has the option, re-sync your codes. This might be shown as 'Time correction' in the settings of your authenticator app.
- As a last resort, delete and re-install the authenticator app. Ensure that any other authentication codes on the app are definitely backed up before doing so.
If you have restored or replaced your device and your authenticator app codes have been lost, please contact our Support Team for assistance in manually removing this Enhanced Security authenticator.
SMS authentication troubleshooting
SMS authentication messages are usually received within 30 seconds of being requested. If you're not receiving any SMS codes, please try the following:
- Restart your phone. Power it off completely and then turn it on once more.
- Ensure you're connected to your mobile provider and have clear reception.
If you are in an area where you cannot access reception - or travelling internationally - you'll either need to use another authentication method, or have Enhanced Security manually removed from your CoinJar.
If these troubleshooting tips aren't helping, or you otherwise need to have your Enhanced Security authenticator removed from your CoinJar, we have dedicated article on removing Enhanced Security from your CoinJar.
You will still be able to access your Support Portal without being able to complete Enhanced Security authentication, however if this is not possible, email our Support Team if you have any questions.