This article is intended for members in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
Verify your identity using the CoinJar app
To enjoy all your CoinJar's features, you'll need to verify your identity. This article will guide you through the verification process, step by step.
You'll need to meet some requirements to successfully verify your identity. Read about these here.
Step 1: Enter your details
To start, enter some basic information about yourself.
- In the CoinJar mobile app, tap 'More' in the bottom menu bar to navigate to your Settings. From there, tap 'Get verified'.
- Select 'Verify your details' and then enter your country.
- In the following screens, enter your first, middle, and last names. Then your date of birth and residential address when prompted.
- Review your details to proceed.
Having trouble finding your address?
You can manually enter your address by tapping Enter address manually. Make sure to enter the shortened version of your street suffix, e.g. "St" instead of "Street".
Step 2: Verify your photo ID
Take a photo of your proof of identity document to verify these details.
- Tap 'Provide proof of identity' and then 'Get started' to begin.
- Choose which photo ID document you'll use to verify your identity.
- Follow the prompts to take a clear, uncropped photo of this document.
- Your photo will be automatically checked for quality before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Take a selfie
Next, we'll need a selfie to confirm your identity.
- Centre your face in the frame and follow the prompts onscreen to take your photo.
- Your photo will be analysed and, once accepted, you'll automatically proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Confirm your address
CoinJar will attempt to verify your address electronically using available verification databases, such as the electoral register and credit files. If your address is verified electronically, you will not need to supply a proof of address document. Any checks against credit files are "soft checks", meaning they do not impact your credit score or rating.
In the case where we are unable to electronically verify your address, you'll be prompted to provide a supported address document to confirm that you're a resident of the United Kingdom.
- From the menu onscreen, choose which document you'll use to verify your address with. This document can be physical or digital.
- Follow the prompts onscreen to take a legible, uncropped photo.
- Your photo will be automatically checked for quality before moving on to the final review.
We'll review your documents, and notify you via email as soon as your identity verification is successful.
- See our identity verification requirements.
- See frequently asked questions about identity verification.
- If you need help, contact us.