This article is intended for members in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
In this article
|Supported Proof of Identity documents|
|Supported Proof of Address documents|
Members in the following regions will be able to complete identity verification:
- United Kingdom - you must be a citizen of the United Kingdom or have the right to reside in the United Kingdom.
Residents of Ireland, the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey, and the Isle of Man will not be able to complete identity verification.
- Australia - you must be a citizen of Australia or hold a valid Australian visa. Please visit this article for more information.
Identity verification can only be completed using our mobile app for iOS and Android. Check that your device is compatible by heading over to your device's app store.
Supported proof of identity documents
When verifying with CoinJar, you'll be provided with the opportunity to select from a range of documents:
- UK Driving Licence - must be valid and in good condition. Provisional licences are also accepted.
- UK Passport - we accept most passports issued by HM Passport Office. Your passport must be valid and in good condition.
- UK Biometric Residence Permit - must be valid and in good condition.
Supported proof of address documents
You will be required to provide proof of address. This document must meet the following requirements:
- show your full name,
- current residential address,
- dated in the last 90 days,
- and not be obscured or cropped in any way.
We can accept the following documents:
- Account statement issued by a bank or building society - must be the original document and show the account's sort code and account number
- Utility bill - we accept a variety of utility bills including bills issued electronically. Acceptable documents are:
- Gas and/or electricity bill
- Water bill
- Landline and/or home broadband bill
- Mortgage statement - must be the original document
- HM Revenue & Customs tax document - we can accept the following types of documents issued by HMRC within the current financial year:
- Tax assessment
- Statement of account
- Notice of coding
- Local authority tax bill (e.g. council tax bill)
You will not be able to use the following documents to verify your identity:
- UK CitizenCard
- Digital driving licences
- University or workplace identification cards
- Birth or marriage certificates
- Expired documents
You will not be able to use the following documents as proof of address:
- Mobile telephone bills
- TV licences
- Tenancy agreements
- Insurance bills
- See how to verify your identity.
- See frequently asked questions about identity verification.
- If you need help, contact us.