This article is intended for members in the United Kingdom. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar Australia, visit this article.
Linking your UK bank account
Making deposits to CoinJar from your bank account
It is not required to link your bank account in order to make a deposit to CoinJar. Linking a bank account is only necessary if you intend to make withdrawals from your CoinJar.
Adding your bank account
In order to be able to transfer funds from your CoinJar into your personal bank account, you'll first need to confirm you've entered your correct bank account details, and that the bank account itself is active. To establish this, we require you to make a deposit of any amount to CoinJar.
- After signing in to your CoinJar, select ‘Settings’ from the top menu.
- Navigate to the Linked Bank Accounts section and click 'Add'.
- Enter your personal bank account details including name, sort code and account number, and the nickname you wish to give the bank account within CoinJar.
- Select 'Link this bank account'.
- You will then be required to make a deposit of any amount from this bank account to verify that it is a valid and active bank account.
Once your deposit has been received, your bank account will be successfully linked to your CoinJar automatically. From here you can withdraw funds from your CoinJar account to your linked bank account.
In order to link a bank account to your CoinJar, the following criteria must be met:
- You have completed ID verification. You must be fully verified in order to link a bank account.
- The bank account name must match your verified legal name - as recorded during ID verification.
- You haven't already linked this bank account with an existing CoinJar. We cannot provide more than one CoinJar per person, and third party transfers are not allowed.
- The bank account details are not issued for the purpose of topping up pre-paid cards (gift cards, travel cards, prepaid credit cards, etc).
Linking a non-UK bank account
CoinJar currently supports the ability to link bank accounts exclusively for residents of the United Kingdom. International CoinJar members can instead transfer funds from their CoinJar as digital currency such as Bitcoin by making a new payment.