This article is intended for Australian members. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar UK, visit this article.
This article contains frequently asked questions about linking your bank account. You can contact us at anytime if the information on this page doesn't resolve your issue.
The app won’t accept my name/bank account details. What can I do?
You'll need to make sure that you're trying to link a bank account that's held in the verified name on your CoinJar.
- If you're trying to link a company bank account to an individual CoinJar you'll be unable to do so. Please link a personal bank account in your legal name.
- If you've changed your name since verifying your CoinJar, you'll need to reach out to CoinJar Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll need to help you re-verify your CoinJar in your new legal name.
- If the app isn't accepting your name and the above steps don't appear to be the issue, then we can look into this for you. Contact email@example.com for help.
I've made a deposit but my bank account isn't verified. Why?
- You've made an Instant Buy deposit. In this case, you'll just need to make a deposit via an alternative deposit method.
- Your banking provider makes payments using grouped accounts. You may need to contact your banking provider to confirm this. With grouped accounts, banks process payments using a separate bank account with different details to your own.
If they do use grouped accounts, you'll need to link an alternative bank account. This is because we'll be unable to confirm your identity as the account owner.
- You haven't entered the correct bank account details in your CoinJar. This can be easy to make a mistake! We recommend double checking the details you've entered in the Linked accounts section of your Settings.