Covering how to convert funds from one currency to another.
With funds now available in your CoinJar, you may wish to convert these funds from your local currency into bitcoin, or vice versa. This process is simple and you won't need to complete complicated buy or sell orders like you do with some bitcoin exchanges.
Just by transferring funds from one account to another, CoinJar will automatically provide you with a quote and convert the funds on the fly.
Transferring funds between accounts
- After signing in to your CoinJar, select 'Payments'.
- There are three options available; 'Pay', 'Request' and 'Transfer.' Choose 'Transfer'.
- Select an account to transfer funds from.
- Select an account to transfer funds to. This may be a different currency you wish to convert your funds into.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer. This can be in your local currency, or bitcoin.
- Select 'Review and Confirm' for an instant quote. You can attach a note for your personal reference if you wish. If you have accrued enough CoinJar Points, you can select them here to cover the cost of the exchange fees.
- Select 'Pay now' to convert your funds.
The converted funds will now be available in the respective account, and details of the transfer can be viewed by visiting either the sending or receiving account.
Updated: 05 May 2015 (AS)
Reviewed: 04 Oct 2017 (SS)