In order to make full use of CoinJar's currency exchange and bank transfer features, we first need to verify your identity. This procedure is in place to minimise the risks of fraud, identity theft, and money laundering.
Benefits of completing ID verification
Not verified (default)
- Fully functional bitcoin wallet for sending, receiving, and storing bitcoin for convenience.
- Access to Hedged Accounts.
ID verification completed
Includes the above features, as well as:
- Being able to transfer Australian dollars to and from your CoinJar.
- The ability to convert funds between bitcoin and Australian dollars (buying/selling).
- Being able to order and use CoinJar Swipe.
If you're looking to use CoinJar's exchange features, and make deposits or withdrawals from your bank account, this will require you to be able to complete Digital iD™ verification. Currently, this is limited to Australian residents.
Completing ID verification
As a general rule, you must be able to provide either an Australian passport or an Australian drivers license to complete ID verification with Digital iD™. Further information is available from Digital iD™ during this process and via the official Support site.
- Sign in to your secure Identity Portal and select ‘Verify with Digital iD™’ to begin.
- A new browser window will appear with full instructions on how to complete ID verification. You can choose to complete this process online, or in person at your local Australia Post location.
- Once your ID verification has been approved by Digital iD™, you’ll be asked to provide CoinJar with your verification details. Select ‘Allow’ to proceed.
It’s possible your ID verification will require further attention from CoinJar’s Compliance Team. For example, attempting to verify more than one CoinJar account is not permitted, and will require manual review. Our Compliance Team aims to resolve any verification issues within one business day, and will be in touch if they require anything further.
Please note: CoinJar’s ID verification process is managed by Digital iD™ - an online identity verification service developed by Australia Post. For any assistance during this verification process, please refer to Digital iD™'s official Support site.
CoinJar Support is unable to assist with the Digital iD™ verification process directly, however if you have any other enquiries, please submit a new Support request.
Updated: 12 Mar 2018 (AS)
Reviewed: 12 Mar 2018 (AS)