This article is intended for Australian members. If you're looking for instructions for CoinJar UK, visit this article.
You'll need to verify your identity in order to make full use of CoinJar's currency exchange and bank transfer features.
This article will guide you through the identity verification process for a personal CoinJar.
You must meet some requirements in order to verify your identity including having a compatible device. Click here to read more.
Verify your identity using the CoinJar app
Step 1 - Enter your details
In this first step, you'll need to enter some basic information about yourself.
- Open the CoinJar app and tap on More on the bottom right, and then tap ID verification.
- Select your country and country of citizenship.
- Review the Identity verification page, and then tap Get started.
- Enter the following details as prompted and tap Next after each
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- Residential address
- Review your details, and tap Next if your details are correct.
Note: If you're having trouble finding your address, you can manually enter your address by tapping Enter address manually. Please ensure to enter the shortened version of your street suffix. E.g. "St" instead of "Street".
Step 2 - Verify your photo ID
To verify your identity, we need a proof of identity document such as a photo ID.
- Tap Next to begin
- Choose the document** you will use to verify your identity
- Review the tips for taking a good picture for ID verification and tap Next
- Follow the prompts to take photos of your document
- Review the photos to ensure all parts of the document are clear and visible, then tap Next.
Our systems will automatically check your photos for quality before moving on to the next step.
Note: In some rare instances, you may be required to submit a second identity document before you can proceed to the next stage.
Step 3 - Take a selfie
Finally, we require your selfie to complete your identity verification.
- Tap Next to begin this process.
- Review the tips for taking a good selfie for ID verification and tap Next.
- Follow the prompts to take your selfie.
- Review the photo to ensure quality, then tap Next.
Our systems will automatically check your photo for quality.
That's it! We'll review the information you've submitted and notify you by email as soon as your identity verification is complete.